Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I wish I had owned a copy of this book when I married a few years ago. Cheap Ways to Tie The Knot is a FAR better overall planner than Bridal Bargains and more up-to-date (stylewise) than How To Have A Big Wedding On A Small Budget (although I'd still recommend reading Diane Warner's classic, too).
Cheap Ways addresses some recent trends in weddings, including how to decorate the modern mega-church (a unique and expensive problem for many brides!). Davis presents common-sense and creative solutions to budget obstacles, including taking advantage of those helpful church women and even asking art students to design cost-effective decorations. Her chapter on wedding clothing includes buying gowns on Ebay, using fabric store coupons to cut the cost of handmade dresses, and choosing dark suits as a logical option for the groom and his party. You'll never see this advice in a traditional bridal magazine!
I think any bride who is searching for a meaningful and beautiful church wedding will find a kindred spirit in Cara Davis. This is one of the only books I've ever seen which addresses financial planning for the marriage, not just the wedding.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Cheap Ways to Tie the Knot: How to Plan a Church Wedding for Less Than $5,000
Saving money as you plan the most important day of your life isn't about cutting corners; it's about avoiding being taken advantage of. While the nationwide average for planning a wedding takes 11 months and nearly $30,000, Cheap Ways to Tie the Knot shows how you can plan a beautiful church wedding in less than six months for no more than $5,000.This ultimate guide for the engaged busts myths, shares negotiating tactics and points out easy, no-effort ways to save on invitations, flowers, pictures and entertainment without sacrificing quality. Most importantly, it deals with the underlying issue of good stewardship that young couples can develop at the outset and continue throughout their marriage.Each area of wedding planning (dress, invitations, decoration, ceremony, reception and photography) is broken into three different scenarios (bargain=$, budget=$$, bling=$$$). Depending on their budget, the reader can follow one track, or mix and match to splurge in areas they feel more strongly about (like pictures vs. food).
No comments:
Post a Comment